My Easy Slow Cooker Beef Tips is a fantastic weeknight meal that my family loves. Tender beef in a creamy sauce takes just a few minutes to prep and then cooks in your slow cooker all day. This is perfect cold weather food with amazing flavor!
I know summer isn’t “officially” over. But it is. Over. For me. Once school starts and I get one chilly day, it’s ON.
We’re only a few days into September and my house is decorated with scarecrows, pumpkins, and I have a fall-scented candle burning. Let’s just ignore the fact that in a few days the temperatures will be back in the high 80s and enjoy the fact that I am inside, under a blanket with my slow cooker going and Pumpkin Dump Cake in the oven.
This Easy Slow Cooker Beef Tip recipe is one that my mom used to make when I was little. It’s a total throwback dish, but I’ve updated a little bit. No cream of anything soup involved in this one…instead I use cream cheese to add richness and flavor. I also add tons of cremini mushrooms, which you can totally omit if you’re not a fan.
Honestly all you do is throw almost all the ingredients into your slow cooker…
Yep, that’s some onion soup mix in there. I’ll take that shortcut any day of the week.
After about 4-ish hours in your slow cooker on high you will have this…
Now, to thicken this up a little bit I add a mixture of cornstarch and water. Then let it continue cooking for 30 or so minutes, until it’s thickened up.
When you’re ready to eat, stir in some cream cheese to thicken it a little more and make it rich and creamy. You could also use sour cream in place of the cream cheese.
This is such an easy and classic dish. I use top round steak (aka London Broil), but you could also use stew meat, sirloin, or chuck roast.
Serve it over rice, egg noodles, or mashed potatoes! Or if you are watching your carbs try it on cauliflower rice!
- 3 pounds top round steak (aka London Broil) cut into 1- inch cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound chopped cremini mushrooms
- 2 (1- ounce packages) Onion Soup/Dip Mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4- ounces cream cheese, cubed and room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Liberally season the cubed steak with salt and pepper.
- Add the steak, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and dry onion soup mix to your slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours, or low 7-8 hours, until beef is tender.
- 30 minutes before you’re done cooking mix the 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water. Add this to the slow cooker, and cook for an additional 30 minutes, or until thickened.
- Lastly, stir in the cream cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Serve over rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes.